Saturday, May 14, 2011


Forty years ago, May, 1971, I turned in a project for a high school Humanities course at Sacred Heart in Grand Coteau, Louisiana. I recently found it, stained and crumbling, in the bottom of a trunk. I'm posting the entire project because frankly, it still moves me. There is something enduring about the poetry and the photography.

The poems are by well-known poets from the US and UK. The photos and art, best I can recall, are from 1960s issues of Smithsonian and National Geographic.

Because of the way the blogger.com templates are formatted, it'll start with the last page. Each day, I hope to post the images and poems from the previous page, in sequence. After a little over a month, all the material should be posted. The last entry will likely be the cover page. I welcome you to check it out: Humanities Project 1971.

My photos of the images aren't that well defined, but I think the original photographers - and poets - are still speaking to us.

No comments:

Post a Comment