Tuesday, February 22, 2011





The traffic was unusually light in town, but then became congested and aggressive toward the end of my drive this evening, so I pulled off into a restaurant parking lot, and waited it out a bit. I browsed through the Sibley bird guide in the car to look up questions that had come up of late about different bird species.

It was a pleasant few minutes. Life is easier when we don’t have to hurry, when we can step out of the fray.

Before I got back on the road, I took these photos through the windshield from the driver’s seat.

***

I wrote the above last night, and little did I know its theme was still winding through my evening. For the second night in a week, no internet was available when I was ready to post an entry. Like with the traffic, I didn’t fight it, but waited it out, then let it go as 1 AM approached.

Now, again tonight, I have internet blackout. I’m walking to the library, hoping to post this, and enjoy the mild night.

No comments:

Post a Comment