Monday, October 17, 2011






I arrived in Dripping Springs early for yoga, and, responding to the enthusiastic waving of kid volunteers, I stopped to look at the roadside pumpkins that are a traditional yearly fundraiser for a local church.

After yoga, I drove back home to Austin on a highway that runs along a railroad. I glanced at the train there in the dark and noticed a freight car that read 'Canadian Pacific', then I turned my eyes back to the road.

When I got home, I dug The Old Farmer's Almanac 2012 out of my bag, because a quote on the title page had caught my attention. I thought I might share it in the blog, or maybe not. Then I saw whose quote it was, and well, it seemed the decision had already been made.

'Nothing is too small to know, and nothing is too big to attempt.'

- Sir William C. Van Horne
U.S.-born railroad entrepreneur and
Canadian Pacific Railway executive
(1843-1915)



No comments:

Post a Comment