Sunday, November 21, 2010













It feels like it’s all been done before, the flowers, the palm trees, the windows, the cars with hands painted on them, the fall leaves like colorful stars strewn across the grayed sidewalks. I've taken my camera outside the last few days, but I can see nothing new.

Yesterday, I spent time before bed, and then in the middle of the night, searching, searching. None of the pics in my file were worthy of posting. Nothing calling!

Often the photos act as a key. They trigger something waiting to be expressed. With no pictures catching my eye, everything felt locked up, unconscious, unwritten.

Plateaus. They can be restful like an oasis, or nervewracking like a forced trip to the mechanic. There's no progress here. Is something wrong? Will the car be ok? Will I ever take a decent photo again?

No comments:

Post a Comment